I came across this article the other day…
Love the title! I can recall watching the Jetsons cartoon as a kid and fantasizing about what the future will hold. Now the fantasies are becoming a reality. The recent advancements in home automation are astounding.
The article makes some great points about the direction home automation is headed…which leads this vacation rental fanatic gushing at the potential this technology offers to the vacation rental industry. If you can automate and manage one house remotely, imagine what you can do with an entire inventory of homes!!!
A few points from the article…
- Who would’ve surmised even five years ago that home automation tools would have progressed so far to allow us to manage and view alarms, locks and timers directly from mobile devices?
- Advanced digital wireless systems are allowing more home owners to now use smartphones and tablets to choose heating and cooling levels, set security alarms and remotely view surveillance cameras on their property.
- From these devices, home owners can set up a home alarm, lighting and other security systems, all from remote access.
- The possibilities are endless. With mobile connectivity, smartphone apps and a home security system, consider the possibilities for monitoring, engaging or disengaging various security system procedures.
And it’s only getting bigger! Check out the expected growth for home automation over the next few years…
This article expects the smart home market to “more than quadruple” over the next five years!
- More than 4x growth is amazing!
- In addition to managing your inventory of homes more efficiently, you can also demonstrate to your homeowners and guests that you are ahead of the curve. This will be expected technology in the near future.
- Cellular vs. WiFi – This article mentions examples WiFi technology, which raises a very important point, cellular vs. WiFi home automation. As a vacation rental manager, how do you feel about WiFi? A big pain keeping networks up? Yeah, I thought so. You will see a lot of home automation products on the market, but very few will use cellular networks. PointCentral is one of the few (only?!) cellular options.
- 1.5 million home automation systems installed in the US this year.
- In 2017, more than 8 million systems will ship, showing a CAGR rate of 45.2% between 2011 and 2017.
- Home automation adoption is moving into the mainstream as a combination of home connectivity, standardization, and a range of new sensors and devices bring an ever expanding number of players into the market.
Take a minute to think about the amazing potential for home automation at your home. Now think about what that type of automation can mean for your vacation rental inventory!!!
Vacation Rental 2.0 has arrived!
Home automation will revolutionize the management of vacation rental homes. It’s time to work smarter, not harder.
PointConnect is a cellular, “smart home” solution that can be accessed from any web-enabled device, offering vacation rental professionals superior control of their inventory, improved operating efficiencies and cost reductions, and an opportunity for incremental revenue.
PointConnect property automation services enable vacation rental managers to improve…
- Operating Efficiency
- Guest Experience
- Energy Management
You can reach us at email@example.com learn how PointConnect can deliver all of these “smart home” capabilities.